A. Google search bar re-directs much like the issue in:
B. Clicking on links inside Google search causes 10 to 15 times the normal load time. Manual domain entry into address bar loads fine, so not DNS. This occurs with Safe Mode networking(So no AV).
C. Visiting Gmail (both HTTP and HTTPS) creates a certificate error at first. Once cached, the error goes away, but when she logs in, it loads up a blank login page. No errors, no load time, etc. The really odd part is I can log into my gmail account just fine, and if she tries logging in with the wrong password gets the normal error. Deleted temp, including fulling with CCleaner, to same effect.
I have done the fallowing.
1. Uninstalled non required apps.
2. Deleted Temp (CCleaner, Disk Cleanup)
3. Disabled System Restore.
4. Hijackthis (Gave error,have screen shots)
5. Mbam (Updated and Full) 5 Found
6. SB S&D (Tea timer/ETC Disabled) (Updated and Full) 2 Found
7. AVG Internet Sec 8.5 (Slow full scan) 0 Found
8. Reboot Safe with networking
9. ComboFix (AVG error even when disabled)(Cant scan host) 0 Found
10. SDFix 0 Found
11. Smitfraudfix (Unable to scan Host files)
12. LSPFix. 0 Found
13. Rootkit Hook Analyzer.(Only AVG hooks found)
14. HostsXpert (Said Host Read only)
15. Disabled SAD host protection.Confirmed now not Read only
16. Enabled "Show hidden files" etc.
17. Checked System time(not related to troubleshooting string).
18. HostsXpert (Not read only,but cant access)
19. OTS.exe (Again,cant access host)
20. Normal Mode. Smit DNS scanner.
And thats where I stand. I know Isearch corrupted the Host files. But not sure why that wouldn't effect me logging in with my username. And why would that lock them? If its in safe mode and the service is disabled, can AVG still protect the host files? No way to manually disable Anti-spyware without disabling prog. Just able to disable it in the Resi-shield. What am I missing? Now she has lost the password for the Admin account(Safe mode version) but this account is set for Admin rights. I have a bad feeling that's what is doing it. Thinking my options are reinstall from the Lenovo restore partition or manually delete and enter MS Host file defaults? Thoughts? Of course 1 billion Woot points to whom ever can assist. ::grin::
I have logs of everything above if needed, including screen shots. Just included Hijack and Combo. Let me know.