Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving my Palm Desktop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rickblee

rickblee

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

My computer OS is a windows 2000 professional.

I have a Tungston E and my wife has (and never uses) an old Visor Handspring, which also uses Palm technology.

She wants to have some sort of desktop calendar so she can remind herself of peoples birthdays and anniversaries. I figure her Handspring has a calendar with alarms in it. So, maybe we can get her to use it from her desktop.

But I can only open the palm.exe application from my administrator identity. When I place a shortcut to the program on my wife's desktop the compter tells me it is invalid somehow and won't open the program.

How do I link to the program from my wife's desktop? Or how do I move the program out of my administrator desktop to her identity?

Barring a solution in that direction, is there some sort of simple calendar program she can use. (cheep? Free? already in Windows? Shareware?

I'm sure someone out there knows the answer.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users