Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's my system specs?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi, I'm very PC-illiterate, (just a grunt wargamer and flight simmer) so when peoples sometimes ask me what my system specs are, I don't really know what to tell them.

I want to briefly tell them-
My OS
My Processor strength
My RAM
My vid card

I know I'm Win XP Home SP3, and I know my vid card is Nvidia 9800 GTX, but what confuses me is my processor and RAM.
Here below is how they look when I select "Sys Info', I presume my processor is an Intel 3.33 Gig is that right?
But what's my RAM horsepower, what exactly does 'physical and virtual' memory mean?

Processor- x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3332 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 2.46 GB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

"Available Physical Memory 2.46 GB"

That is your actual system memory .

["Virtual" memory is the Windows "swap file" & is not actual system memory]

You have a 3.33GHz CPU
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,223 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

Try Start, Run, msinfo32 <enter>.

There is plenty of information and you can drill down (click the + boxes) for more granularity. Click the - box for less.

This is system information, not about what versions of all your other installed programs are (some Microsoft Office programs are offered).

You can copy and paste this info into documents, emails, personal profiles, etc.

Every item you are curious about is in there somewhere.

If there is something else you need to know somebody will know how to get it!

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

Download SIW
http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
It will give you everything you wanted to know plus more about what's inside your computer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users