Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low disk space

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 beachbladers

beachbladers

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

Hello,
Bought a refurbish HP computer form Fry's for a poor boy graduation form 8th grade and always wanted a computer. A message keep coming up that say's low disk space. We delete the sign but pop up every few min. I looked in the drives "D" drive is called HP Recovery. It hold 5 GB . It' 99% full. I assume that how it show be since it a new computer.
How do I get rid of the sign poping up ?Is there something I should worry about.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

D drive shouldn't be a problem. C drive is a problem. How much space do you have on that? Open My Computer and right-click on your C: drive and see what percentage you have free. Windows needs space to work in.

#3 beachbladers

beachbladers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

C drive has over 80 GB of free space

#4 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:28 AM

Are you running windows off C drive or D drive?

#5 turnip

turnip

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:17 AM

Once you start using the computer, make sure you defragment regularly so that the disk doesnt get so fragmented tht leads to trouble.

#6 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

Look in Win XP's system restore logs and see how many restore points you have stored.

You only need the last one if your system is not contaminated and operating properly, and that may well be your space hog.

Edited by Enthusiast, 30 June 2005 - 09:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users