Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recently upgraded hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xdox

Xdox

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

Well I recently just bought a 300 gig hard drive and i used "Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation" to copy all my stuff to a new hard drive, and almost everything is fine, except when i go to my c drive which is now my 300 gig it shows up as only 40 gigs total space which is the size of my old hard drive. So i go into manage on my computer and i check the drive and it shows that 40 gigs is a primary partion and shows up dark blue and that 260 gigs which are "unallocated" and there and no color for it and thats all under my c drive. So what do I do so i can merge the 260 with the current? I hope iam making this clear thanks for any help.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:08 AM

Did you resize the partition when true image gave you the option? All what you did was clone the drive exactly as it was which was a 40gb drive you needed to resize the partition during the cloning process so that all 300gb would have been reused.

Digital Dolly will resize your partition for free, but may not be that easy to use. If you have your 40gb drive clone your current partition back and then retry again. Or buy one of these:

Partition Magic

Paragon Partition Manager

Acronis

Partition Commander

#3 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 09:47 PM

Dear Xdox,

Let me understand this correctly. You went from a 40 GB drive to a 300 GB drive?

Nice jump but does your mother board support that size?

You may need a hard drive controller, if your mother board does not recognize the drive.

Give us some more information on your system.

We can help,

jundk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users