Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Editing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Armed101

Armed101

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hi All,
I have a question once again and now that I havent found what exactly to do I figured id turn to yall to help me out! Hopefully yall can... I have a Slide Show that I need to put on a DVD. I burnt it and it is cutting the edges of the photos off at the bottom and top and sides when I play it on a DVD player. I don't know what resolution to put the photos in in order for them to fit on a 4:3 TV or a 16:9. I have about 120 photos so I need something simple to use to shrink the photos to a TV compatible resolution. Is there a software out there that is good that will help me out with this? When I play the DVD on the PC it looks awesome. I could go through all of the photos and crop each one of them individually but I dont have a way to test if they will fit on a regular TV. Is there a program where you can see the safe zone and put the picture in the software to check it for TV size? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Depends on the resolution of the TV. Have a look at this

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Armed101

Armed101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:46 PM

Wow! That is amazing... I had no idea there were that many! Dang... I dont understand I went into Irfanview and then Resized around 6 photos to weird resolutions like 200 X 300 and a bunch of different ones and made the slide show and burnt a DVD and the photos are identical to the original just the wording is a tad bit of different and they are still getting cut off... Grrrr ! Isnt NTSC standard? I mean how does it work when you put in a DVD in one TV it looks the same as when you take the DVD and put it into another totally different TV and DVD player? Thats what im trying to do but I dont know whats going on..... :thumbsup:

#4 Armed101

Armed101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

What would be the best program for creating a Slide Show for making a compatible for TV slideshow? Im really thinking of starting over... I have heard of nero. Any one know of any good ones?

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

I recently made one with Nero. It only accepts 99 pictures though. It worked great on the computer and standard resolution televisions. Not sure about HD tv.

Chad Mockensturm 

#6 Armed101

Armed101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:39 PM

Did you have to tweak to photo's? Or did you have to add Borders?

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

You could add borders, transitions, and music if you wanted to.

Chad Mockensturm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users