Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can not access help otion on my internet security program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kman621

kman621

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

when i try to access the help option in norton internet security 2009 it says it can not display web page. It tells me it's some kind of protocol error. something to do with ms-its. You probably need more info let me know you'll probably tell me to get my money back cuz norton sucks as i now realize anyways could be my computer what do you think

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kman621

kman621
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

nevermind i took that crap off and am getting my money back had way too many issues with my pc after installation ill stick with the free avg seems to work well. Should the free edition be enough protection with my windows firewall or should i upgrade and buy the actually avg internet security. just looking for suggestions. Thanks

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

I'm shifting this topic to the AV forum. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

I would suggest installing one of the many good (and free) firewalls available; Window's firewall only checks incoming packets and not outgoing packets. You can find a list of firewalls here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

This step will allow you to use the free version of AVG and be protected.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users