Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost my google home page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gringa

gringa

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

I signed up for facebook today when I went back in this thing from tattodle.com was there.
I did a system restore but it didn't work. I son' know how to get rid of this thing It is a color page with just a search bar in it
Thanks for any help anyone can give me
upload a screen shot hope it works

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Go to the site/page you want for a home page.
If you want Google as a home page type Google.Com in t5he address box & click "go".
Once you are on the Google page at the top of Internet Explorer click Tools
On the menu click Internet Properties
On the General page where it shows the home page click on Use Current
Click Apply
Click OK
Google should now be your homepage.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 gringa

gringa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks so much,I was just brain dead :flowers: for awhile couldn't find where to change it. feel like such a fool :thumbsup:

s

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

If your home page has change and you didn't do the change I would run complete scans of your system with SuperAnti Spyware and Malware bytes. I would also run a scan with what ever internet secuity suit you have on board. Some web sites you may go to will change or try to change your home page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users