Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion dv6105us Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FadingEvil

FadingEvil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Alright, I have a HP Pavilion dv6105us laptop, thats been trouble since I got it. I recently got the main problem fixed, the failing wireless card. Well, now, the freaking speakers stopped working. I can get sound through headphones, but I really don't feel like wearing headphones for everything. And also, it seemed like it was getting harder and harder to turn on. In fact, I had to sit here for 10 minutes trying to pretty much smash the power button. I thought for sure it was finally completely broke. Anyways, does anyone know what may be the cause of these problems? I'm pretty sure the power button problem has something to do with either the crappy casing, or the connectors or whatever. I dunno about the speakers though. Even when they were working, sometimes they'd cut out, and you'd have to jiggle the volume up and down to get it back on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

If it's giving you problems turning it on now, plus other problems, you should send it back if it's still under warranty.

Maybe your connections are loose. If the laptops out of warranty, you can open it up and make sure the connection to the speakers is secured and the power button connection.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

If your laptop is getting harder and harder to turn on your power button may be failing you. HP has these as a separate circuit board then the motherboard. Sadly that supplier is out of stock, seems this is a popular part.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 NeverBuyHP

NeverBuyHP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

It isn't a popular part... it's a systemic defect that HP has known about for more than a year. If you own a Pavilion DV-6105US laptop one in seven will burn up the motherboard. Because HP "extended" the warranty a year (but failed to notify any of its customers of this) they now will not recognize any of the defects as their fault, even though they know that series was produced with faults in it. They wanted to charge me $277 to return the laptop to get a new garbage motherboard after they were finished taking out of the old garbage motherboard. My response is maybe you should send me $277 for putting up with your crap computer and even worse customer service. They got away with not recalling the computer through a technicality and they think the hidden year extension of warranty covers them legally. They don't care about their customers, pure and simple. I will never buy anything from HP ever again and I would suggest none of you do either. Consider this an expensive lesson learned because your computers can not be saved (once the motherboard goes you may as well buy something that works for the price and use your HP laptop as a heavy frisbee). The customer service rep said she felt sorry for me and I told her I felt sorry for her as she will soon be unemployed as nobody will be buying their crap soon since it wont work much of the time and they wont service anything either. Here in Fort Wayne (not the biggest town on Earth) the small computer store I took my laptop to said he sees a handful of these every week that are now garbage. He said contacting HP was a waste of time as they would do nothing (and he was right), but I tell you I feel so much better now that I've vented.

Call 1-800-474-6836. They will in no way be helpful, but you will feel so much better to tell somebody who works for HP that their product is horrible and that you will be glad never to touch any of their horrible products again. I know it put a smile on my face.

Edited by NeverBuyHP, 14 August 2009 - 04:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users