Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC sounds like a helicopter...HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sumiq8

sumiq8

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

Hi,

I would appreciate some urgent help. Whenever my PC had adware or spyware on it, the red light beside the On button stays on for a few seconds and then blinks.

Sorry Im not very PC savvy and do not know the technical terms.

I have run Malware Bytes and it turns up nothing.

When I run Super Anti Spyware (free edition) I get a report that
says

Trojan.NewDotNet - 30 threats

Adware.TrackingCooking - 46 threats

So I go through the removal process and reboot. But the parasites never fully disappear

I used the 'File Assassin' from Malware Bytes and got rid of the NewDotNet file in my program files.
But now when I turn my computer on I get an error message saying that 'New Dot Net' cannot be run because the file was not found.

Ugh.... I really need some help here.

Also, how do I do a 'Hijack This' to show you what is going on with my PC??

Please help quick and thank you for your time. xoxox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

Or maybe it would be better to go to the "Am I infected?" forum on bleepingcomputer.com at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ to deal with malware instead of buying software.

Anyways, are you able to get into safe mode? If not, the only other way I can think of is by using a bootdisk or something.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.

Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

As trashcan recommended, Post your problem in A.I.I.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users