Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

outlook express

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marv73

marv73

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

When receiving incoming mail most of it ends up where it's supposed to, in the IN BOX, however a small portion is going straight to the delete folder. Getting tiresome having to check the Delete Folder every time I receive mail. I've checked everywhere but can't seem to find the reason for this. I have no Blocking rules on that should be creating this problem. Any ideas or help out their?? I'm using a Windows XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:29 PM

Is there any pattern in the Emails that go to your delete folder, or are they completely random?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 marv73

marv73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:04 PM

John
I'm beginning to feel obligated to you. You answered my last question concerning the missing Norton Anti Virus file(Dll) and advised me to remove and reenter the program. In the Add/Remove window what I got when I clicked on it was CHANGE as opposed to Change/Remove. Not sure what that means so I've been a little hesitant about doing it.
Regarding the mail being diverted to the Delete folder, they mostly are financial networks i.e., Rueters, Zacks etc but not all of them. A few have been Hotmail.comm msgs.
Regards Marv

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:45 PM

I don't want to advise you about Norton, since I do not run it; hopefully someone with Norton can give you information about "change." If you can remove it, I would do that and then reinstall.

About the Email problem, do you have ANY rules in force?

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 marv73

marv73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:57 AM

Yes I do. They are mainly for weird nonsense names in the "From" portion but also certain words and phrases from the other side(Subject).
Marv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users