Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to upgrade comp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kpxmystic

kpxmystic

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hello
I was wondering what can I upgrade on my comp to make it faster?
Comp is getting slower each day and i still have so many problems with Vista Ultimate.

Current Set up:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9450 (12M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
Mobo: Intel® Desktop Board DX38BT
Ram: 4gb DDR3
Gfx Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2
HD: 500gb Seagate, i dont think its that great
PSU: Antec 1000W

Something wrong with my set up that makes vista take up so much memory?
Or any tips on making vista faster?
Please input.
Thanks
-Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dev Mgr

Dev Mgr

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

There is no reason that this hardware would be slow other than Windows itself (and/or the applications on it) being the cause.

Basically; no upgrade on this system will fix your slowness. Your solution most likely is to figure out what's causing your problems and possibly you may need to install Windows clean (format and reinstall), apply updates and service packs, install antivirus/security software and then start installing your regular software.

#3 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:46 PM

You can also google for Services in Vista that are not necessary. There are many services that are Automatic in default and could be either Manual or disabled. This will not get you a whole lot of speed but every little bit helps.

If you do not need it, turn off your Aero package. That uses a lot of CPU.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users