Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Absolute Mayhem!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JacobHall

JacobHall

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

Hello there and thanks very much for reading my topic!

A few months ago, My mothers laptop was infected with the ever known "AntiVirus 2009"
I think I may have removed this sucessfully, but I later realised that I didnt disble system restore, but the Trojan didnt come back so I knew I removed it sucessfully.

After that my mum had an error message pop-up every so often saying that there was a rundll error with the file Bsuhgoradl.dll (much longer)
I knew from expeirience that was from AV09 and I simply used MSCONFIG to stop it from popping up at startup.

Well, My mums laptop was just fine, untill she complained that her laptop was running extremely slow and she couldnt really do anything with it, Again I got my magic USB PenDrive and ran MBAM, SAS and ATF cleaner off it, MBAM and SaS both found files of the MyWebSearch virus and I removed it all, Lovely Jubbly!

But then she said start-up was very slow, I said dont worry it will take me two minutes with msconfig, I stopped all the nuisance files like iPodService that didnt need to be run on startup, and I even went through some of the services likewise making sure I had hidden all the Microsoft Services

It was running alot quicker, and She was fine with it all that night
She told me she didnt want iTunes opening on start up so I stopped it, but when she went on it the next day all hell broke lose, On a Windows XP computer, the welcome page and that opened lovely, all XP Style, but when she logged in it was the classic start menu and boxes,status bars style.

I went straight to Display properties only to find Windows XP Style had vanished from the appearance tab, It was on the Windows Classic Style so i thought malware was preventing it, I searched the porcess list only to find no suspicous files, But tried to update MBAM but failed, how strange...And I opened IE only to find the This Page cannot be Displayed

This is bad, I use Virign Media and they have there own software that opens a connection manager and helps you with any problems, Used it... got nowhere
Went to INTERNET CONNECTIONS and there was nothing, considering our house is completely wireless.

Now I was getting worried, So my two problems are [A] - Classic Style Buttons etc
[B] - No internet

I have ran numerous MBAM, SaS scans only to find some tracing cookies, Now I have no idea what is happening as this is out of my understanding, I also had a RooT Admin problem where i couldnt login as the root admin, I opened control userpasswords2 and changed the Admin password only to get the same message You could not be logged in because of account restriction.

Then I tried to re-enable ALL Start-up processes and Services and I got the message could not complete operation because of admin rights, which my account on the laptop has full admin

I then tried to open event viewer, No luck as it says "Unable to complete the operation on Application the interface is unknown, That is all the logs Security etc
My mum is running Windows XP 5.1 SP3 Home Edition and is Fully licensed and bought from PC World around 5 years ago, it was a fab laptop untill I touched it lol!

laptop is Fujitsu and has 448mb of ram...
I was then advised by a friend to create a new account with full admin permissions and that solved the issue of me not being able to create changes to msconfig, but still no luck with the probelsm im facing, When i Created the new admin account I went on Msconfig and all the tabs like BOOT.INI had all the options unchecked which I know was unhealthy...

Thanks, any help wodely appreciated!
Jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JacobHall

JacobHall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

The original Cds that where with my mums Fujitsu laptop have been misplaced and I have some for a windows XP System but wondering if that would work considering the laptop has a touch pad which would need installing seperately right?

Also there has benn some new areas in the COntrol panel
A - Program Updates
B - Windows CardSpace

thanks again, In advance
Jake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users