Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network password

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 studio55

studio55

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

After recovering from a virus attack by reinstalling XP pro and updating eathernet controller and other deivers thanks to a link from "fairjoeblue", updating windows explorer to version 8 and installing windows live onecare now I have some password issues with this machine on the network.

This machine is on the network and is able to acces all but one computers running windows 2000, (yes I know, ask Kodak why still W2000) without a password, there was no password set up for any of the machines...

At the other hand NONE of the computers on the network all running XP pro but one W2000 can not acces it before entering a password which was never set up.

your help is appreciated.

Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Hi Rick,

I'm not sure I understand your question, Can you elaborate slightly? Are you trying to add passwords to all of the computers on the network?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 studio55

studio55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

No Sir

I am trying to remove all passwords from all my machines, thats how I had them, now after an XP fresh instal this machines can not get into some machines and NONE can get into this machine withouth entering a PW I do not have.

Many Thanks

Rick

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hello Rick,

If no passwords have been set up, then you don't need to supply a password when connecting.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 studio55

studio55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

I kind of knew that but it is still asking for one ...

Thanks
Rick

#6 Ingle

Ingle

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

You should still be able to connect if you just hit OK leaving everything blank. I thought XP always requested a password unless you save the username and password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users