Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 faithwarrior118

faithwarrior118

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

I have a 6 month old computer that I built last December. Starting Saturday, she started running much slower than she had before. Even Windows takes longer to load. I don't know if it's hardware or software.

So what I have tried so far?

Well I read the sticky and booted into safemode and ran Norton Internet Security. I have version 16.5.0.135. That came back with only Tracking Cookies which were low priority and fully resolved. Then I ran Malware Byte's Anti Malware. That also came back clean.

I ran a Defrag. I also ran CCleaner which cleaned some files and stuff.

I'm really at a loss for what to try next.

Windows XP Home Service Pack 3

Edited by faithwarrior118, 01 June 2009 - 08:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 faithwarrior118

faithwarrior118
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:08 PM

I will try that and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users