Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with MBAM results-

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bill1821

Bill1821

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

IO hope this is the right forum if not please move or excuse.

I did enough reading to get mbam and install/rename it to make it run! Yay! thanks to advisors that is!- even small things like renaming the '.exe' is genius! well, to me it is....

Here are three results. I have no idea what this stuff is- please help!
*************************************************************************************************
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37
Database version: 2182
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

5/31/2009 10:54:42 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-31 (22-54-42).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 126815
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 57 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 10
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACvllgwbptnmvnkvk.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wininetapp.wininet (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\wininetapp.wininet.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{4b66e1df-4de3-4cda-83b5-11673eadab0b} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{9692be2f-eb8f-49d9-a11c-c24c1ef734d5} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{39fc2065-c9c7-49cd-8942-44cc2dedc844} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{b360243e-09e8-402f-8721-00b6798089ad} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{39fc2065-c9c7-49cd-8942-44cc2dedc844} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{39fc2065-c9c7-49cd-8942-44cc2dedc844} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WinPC Antivirus (Rogue.WinPCAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC (Rootkit.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\scui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load\wscui.cpl (Hijack.SecurityCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
\\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACvllgwbptnmvnkvk.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\documents and settings\kaite coleman\start menu\WinPC Antivirus.LNK (Rogue.WinPCAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
c:\documents and settings\Kaite Coleman\Application Data\asd.bat (Rogue.WinPCDefender) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
*****************************************************************************************************

6/1/2009 6:19:54 AM
mbam-log-2009-06-01 (06-19-54).txt

Objects scanned: 126715
Time elapsed: 16 minute(s), 20 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
**************************************************************************************************

6/1/2009 7:03:37 AM
mbam-log-2009-06-01 (07-03-37).txt

Objects scanned: 126813
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 7 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 1
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UAC (Rootkit.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
************************************************************************************************

Not doing anything else till I hear something-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

It's not very good

Two options left-Post a HJT log or re-install

If you want to give removal of the infection a try, please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

====================================

Option 2
Some types of malware can result in a system so badly damaged that a Repair Install will NOT help!. Reinstalling Windows without first wiping the entire hard drive with a repartition and/or format will not remove the infection. The reinstall will only overwrite the Windows files. Any malware on the system will still be there afterwards. Starting over by wiping your drive, reformatting, and performing a clean install of the OS or doing a factory restore removes everything and is the safest action.

In case you need help with this, please review:These links include step-by-step instructions with screenshots:Reformatting a hard disk deletes all data. If you decide to reformat, you can back up all your important documents, personal data files and photos. The safest practice is not to backup any executable files (*.exe), screensavers (*.scr) or autorun (.ini) files because they may be infected by malwareware appending itself to the executable. Some types of malware may even disguise itself by adding and hiding its extension to the existing extension of files so be sure you look closely at the full file name. After reformatting, as a precaution, make sure you scan these files with your anti-virus prior to copying them back to your hard drive.

Note: If your using an IBM, HP, Compaq or Dell machine, you may not have an original XP CD Disk. By policy Microsoft no longer allows OEM manufactures to include the original Windows XP CD-ROM on computers sold with Windows preinstalled. Instead, most computers manufactured and sold by OEM vendors come with a vendor-specific Recovery Disk or Recovery Partition for performing a clean "factory restore" that will reformat your hard drive, remove all data and restore the computer to the state it was in when you first purchased it.

If you need additional assistance with reformatting, you can start a new topic in the Windows XP Home and Professional forum.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Bill1821

Bill1821
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:12 PM

I was afraid of that- The comp is my daughters- there are also some files and lots- of pictures I would like to save. the dvd drive won't recognize dvd-ram, dvd+rw or blank dvd disc's. will 'see' a movie however- just nothing to write to- did uninstall and reboot to get a new driver- no help. maybe its the drive?

This creates a problem on how to transfer 8 gb of video and 3.75 gb of pictures without giving my computer the virus!

it is a Vista os with windows 7 on a partition.

It has NO anti-virus, Yeah I know :flowers: but I have been doing this a LOOOOOG time and never had a virus on my home computer. :thumbsup:

The only thumb drive i have is 4 gb.

How do I save over 2000 pictures and the videos without re-infection?

(complete format/reinstall isn't a problem)

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

The trouble with this virus is not only wil you save the pictures but the virus as well
Give HJT a shot
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 Bill1821

Bill1821
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

adding reply to share information-

this worked for me too- slightly different technique but seems to be good result- maybe the fix for UAC???? is gmer-

It seems to get the command or the file that protects the uacinit.dll file from being deleted- like getting rid of securom-
***********************************************************************************
1. gmer full scan
--disabled (not delete) uacinit service after it was found.
--deleted the tmp dlls with various uacinit names

3. restarted

4. reran malware bytes. it found the uacinit.dll and corresponding reg entry. clicked delete. this was the first time it was actually able to remove them without a restart, this seemed to be the difference in all my prior attempts.

4. restarted

5. reran gmer and malware bytes and came up clean.
************************************************************************************
I got this stuff here-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228810/cant-get-rid-of-uacinitdll/

testing- malware clean twice- doing again now then gmer and finally superantispyware- if anything shows then i will edit this reply.

Here is the new scan- now it's time to look for some fulltime antivirus for her and me!

THANK YOU!

6/2/2009 8:38:23 PM
mbam-log-2009-06-02 (20-38-23).txt

Objects scanned: 124508
Time elapsed: 19 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

EDIT: adding the gmer file in case it will do someone some good-

GMER 1.0.15.14972 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-06-02 19:12:18

---- System - GMER 1.0.15 ----

SSDT \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys (SASKUTIL.SYS/SUPERAdBlocker.com and SUPERAntiSpyware.com) ZwTerminateProcess [0xAD621DF0]

INT 0x01 \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys (ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver/ATI Technologies Inc.) B9C0C541
INT 0x03 \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys (ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver/ATI Technologies Inc.) B9C0C5E7

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

? System32\Drivers\sfc.SYS The system cannot find the path specified. !

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Device \FileSystem\Fastfat \Fat AA838C8A

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.15 ----

Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys@start 1
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys@type 1
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys@imagepath \systemroot\system32\drivers\UACxmowuyvobrscjso.sys
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys@group file system
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@UACd \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\drivers\UACxmowuyvobrscjso.sys
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@UACc \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACqtaliypodlvduhr.dll
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uacsr \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UAClkxdjboypvjxjyl.dat
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uaclog \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACyapqquhctnpetek.dll
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uacmask \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACdyxiwkmnxnxdlcr.dll
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uacserf \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UAChdciboejbgcmkay.dll
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uacbbr \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACvllgwbptnmvnkvk.dll
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@UACproc \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACfbynbofogcmlrkp.log
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uacurls \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACotdvgesobdaqifc.log
Reg HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\UACd.sys\modules@uacerrors \\?\globalroot\systemroot\system32\UACrgqgqlxmhsejipn.log

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Edited by Bill1821, 02 June 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:20 PM

If there are no longer signs of malware then please....

Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok"
  • Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.
Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.

-------------------------------

[/list]Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection:
• "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
• "How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
• "Hardening Windows Security - Part 1 & Part 2".
• "IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings" - "How to Secure Your Web Browser".

• Avoid gaming sites, underground web pages, pirated software, crack sites, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs. They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites. Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users. The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications. Read P2P Software User Advisories and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users