Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Installation Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

I have a copy of windows vista ultimate 32bit. I began the installation process. It gets to the driver installation screen. I click on scan and it proceeds to scan the computer for drivers. After it finishes the scan I get the following error message:

"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK."

Now I have asked a buddy about this. He has had the exact same problem and corrected it using the Motherboard disc. He said that this error occurs when windows cannot find the correct drivers, but I was under the impression that it listed the drivers that it was missing. It didnt, and so Im stumped.

I do not have the motherboard disc so I am going to search online and find an ISO for it and burn it on a disc and see if that works. If not I will then go into the device manager and manually update all of the drivers.

I would like to know if this is the route I should be taking. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Thanks for all who reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

I have not encountered this problem before, but it seems like you know what to do. If in device manager very few items show up, you will have to manually download them from the maker's site. (Reltek and others for audio, Nvidia and others for graphics, etc.)

Good luck! Doesn't sound like much fun.

#3 Neil B.

Neil B.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

I have the drivers, I just think i need to update them but im not sure.

#4 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Definitely check and see if you need to update them. Go do device manager and test the drivers for updates.

#5 Neil B.

Neil B.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

I feel like a complete retard right now... I went and looked at the device manger and much to my surprise (actually i wasnt surprised at all) there were little exclamation marks by the Multimedia Audio Controller, RAID controller, and the VGA controller.

Well at least I know whats wrong now...

Im getting the drivers online now. Ill keep the post up to date on my progress incase I run into more trouble.

#6 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, that would be the problem :D!

You should be good if you update all the drivers successfully. Remember to restart after updating drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users