Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LZW Compression

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mr giggles

mr giggles

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

I have a logo in .tif format, compressed in LZW compression. My ERP provider says that, in order for my logo to be compatible with their software, it must be in .tif format with no compression.

Does anyone know of a tool for decompressing .tif images with LZW compression?

I'm kind of desparate here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

Eh. LZW is a pain.
What program are you trying to open the file in? Are you on a Mac or a PC? What OS? Also, was the file compressed on a Mac or a PC?

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:09 PM

Can you open it normally in Photoshop or another program? If you can, then you should be able to save it as and set compression to nothing, or save it as a .png or .psd and then resave as .tif.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 mr giggles

mr giggles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

Eh. LZW is a pain.
What program are you trying to open the file in? Are you on a Mac or a PC? What OS? Also, was the file compressed on a Mac or a PC?

I'm opening it in IrfanView on a PC. I'm not sure what type of device originally compressed it.

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:50 AM

Once you have the image open, go to Save As, and with TIF selected in the Save as type: box, Tiff save options will show Save Compression. Choose None and save the file, re-naming it if you wish to retain the compressed original as well.

Edited by Platypus, 02 June 2009 - 09:51 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 mr giggles

mr giggles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Got it. All set. Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users