Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP ACTIVATION

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vitico66

vitico66

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:53 AM

Hi Fellows:
xp gives us 30 days to activete the software.
What happens on the 31st day if it is not activated???

Vitico66

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

you cannot use it anymore until you enter a serial.

#3 vitico66

vitico66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for the reply Techsomething:
My problem is this: I just build a new rig, (my first build), ordered a Ultra ATA/133 ,Maxtor w/160GB, just to find out that i could also go the SATA route, :thumbsup: ,so I did lots of reading,and decided to go w/ a Seagate Barracuda 160 GB
SATA, now I have two drives,one is a PATA and one SATA,I cant make a RAID s/u
(I dont think I do)so the PATA is s/u with windows XP (for every day use)and it is
activated, The Barracuda is also set up with XP (for gaming) not activatedand i just adjust my BIOS accordingly to choose the boot drive. my dilemma is do I have to pay for a second OS?? even if its fo the same rig??? or is there other options???
if anybody have a suggestion I will be very grateful..
p/s--Im on the 25Th day ang dont want to loose my info.

#4 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:08 PM

I think that microsoft will probably take the route of you need to purchase another license because you have 2 copies of xp running I'd be very doubtful if you can activate the same copy.

You could try serching the web with reference to the window product activation file wpa because you can try to back this up and then copy it back to avoiding activation so maybe you'll have some joy there.

If you don't activate then you won't lose any data on the drive windows will just not boot any further than to allow you to enter the activation code

#5 vitico66

vitico66
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:21 AM

:thumbsup: allright fellows, found a way to back up the key, b/u your xp key
here is the link, it makes for very interesting reading material,besides,its a good thing to know if doing a reinstall.
thanks to all for the help.
vitico66 :flowers:

#6 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:40 AM

No probs glad you got it sorted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users