Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W2k pro repair failed after running combofix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 larking

larking

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I suspect that after running combofix without expert help ia am unable to do a system restore (w2k pro, boot from CD, choose new install and repair existing installtion). Get a blue screen after initial phase complete and reboot starts w2k but aborts with a blue screen that is distorted with exclamations marks and disappears instantaneouslly and restarts the boot process loop). Was forced to use ERDNT to restore to system. Haven't resolved issue. Is there any way to rollback combofix to restore my system to an earlier state?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 larking

larking
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

Sorry about misleading problem identification. After a lot of searching and using possible cause exempting method (trial and error), I eventually think that the OS is daisy chaining a Sata disk that is connected by an Ide to sata adapter. thereby causing diskdrives not being seen by install after reboot, problems started with one of the later updates to w2k(after sp4). I havent found a workaround yet and when i regain my patience I'll have a go at it again.

By the way, one of the updates after Sp4 may be the cause of freezing when right clicling on destop icons. Installed sp4 and no problemas, but after allowing windows update a free reign, the problems started again. Havent isolated specific KB that could be the culprit.

Edited by larking, 03 June 2009 - 07:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users