Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nonna

nonna

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hello to All

I have an error message that pops up after logon, one of those messages that says that "Generic Host Process Services 32" is not responding and must shut down and then asks if you want microsoft to send or don't send the report.

I viewed the report and got the following information:

Error Signature:

szAppName: svchost.exe szAppVer: 5.1.2600.5512 szModName: ntdll.dll
szModVer: 5.1.2600.5755 offset: 0001b21a

Technical Information:

C:\DOCUME~1\THEFAM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER18d5.dir.00\svchost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\THEFAM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER18d5.dir00\appcompat.txt

I don't know what information I need to give you but some of this might help.

Before I started posting at bleeping computer I was trying to install a HP Printer but it was not working, the computer could not establish communication with the printer. The consultant from HP wanted me to uninstall via a manual process because he thought that the installation CD might be corrupt. I deleted a lot of HP files as per his request and then I started to get a Windows Installer error message. I posted here and I was advised to install SP3 which I did and which corrected the Windows Installer message. I was then left with this Generic Host Process message. I was beginning to wonder whether I deleted something that was needed or was it coincidence that generic Host Process had "HP" in the title.

I then posted again and was advised to post in the HJT Forum apparently this message can occur for a lot of different reasons malware being one of them.

My infected computer has since been resolved but still this error message occurs so it is their advice (HJT Forum) that I now post here to try to resolve this issue and hopefully get my printer up and running.

Many thanks

Nonna

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users