Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup error (Dual BIOS problem), Windows Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pyjamarama

Pyjamarama

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

I received a custum-built computer from a former colleague several years ago, but I am just now setting it up and have encountered a major issue.

When I turn on the computer, a memory test screen with the Dual BIOS logo appears, and after the memory test I receive an error that says "checksum error - defaults loaded". After that I am presented with three options: F1 to continue, DEL to go to the options menu, and F9 to go through express recovery. No matter what option I press, eventually I see the Windows Server 2003 loading screen come up for a brief moment, and then for less than a second a blue screen appears with an error message. After that, I am returned to the screen with the Dual BIOS logo and the whole process repeats itself. If I sit and do nothing, the memory test loops over and over.

I have tried messing with different settings in the BIOS options menu, but no combination seems to make anything work. I was afraid to touch anything in the Q-Flash menu.

I am no longer in contact with the person who built the computer for me, but as far as I know it worked perfectly when it was tested several years ago and was never connected to the internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to remedy this situation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:39 AM

Try a new CMOS battery, CMOS Battery Replacement - http://www.liverepair.com/encyclopedia/art...cmosreplace.asp

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users