Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Whats a good temperature to keep a laptop?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

I just need to know so I can regulate it, my cooling system for my current laptop isn't so good. Sometimes it would 54-56. I'm using a latitude c640 if it matters.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

Is it shutting off? There are ways to lower it. The laptop I am currently using is runnig about 47C. You can clean the dust out of the heatsink and fan assembly. You can use a chiller pad that goes underneath the laptop. You can reseat the stock cooler with better thermal paste. You can replace the stock cooler with a better one. There is no tried and true rule of thumb for temperatures 56 is a little high though. Remeber the cooler the better.

Edit: The chiler pad I use is from Antec and its powered buy an Available USB port it lowers the overall system temp buy about 8 deg. It also keeps my legs cooler when using the laptop on my lap :thumbsup:

Edited by Sneakycyber, 01 June 2009 - 07:40 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

its not shutting off. After heavy usage it just have slow downs. Using an external Fan puts it about CPU 35 if I'm using the fan on that side, if not about 51. And my hard drive at 38 if the fan is used on that side, if not 49-51.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users