Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse is jerky when user interface is open

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kman621

kman621

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

I just got norton internet protection 09. When I open the user interface the cpu usage for norton fluctuates and spikes. when it does my mouse cursor movement is really choppy or jerky if you will. Everything is fine when I close the interface window and I couldn't find anyone else having the issue. Also from what I did read people were saying the cpu usage meter wasn't going above 5% and mine jumps all over the place. Mouse cursor moves fine when window is closed. I don't know if anyone has any thoughts maybe it's normal I don't know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:53 AM

Few questions for you:
1.What Graphics card do you use?
2.How much RAM do you have?

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 kman621

kman621
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

graphics card is GeForce2 mx with t.v. out and I have 1 gb of ram. the thing is it's only when norton interface window is open when it's closed norton hardly uses any cpu. I am realizing now I can't even use the norton insight feature it won't connect to server. I can't get any support from symantec via online or by phone (The lady barely spoke english and couldn't hear me anyway but I know my phone works fine.) Help option in interface won't display web page. What a pile of crap this software is should have listened to my friend and stayed away from norton. Reviews I read said 2009 was improved and worked great. (unbiased) Anyway maybe they are updating the system I don't know I just printed out a return form.

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hehe... I'm not a big fan of Norton, myself. It runs extremely harshly in terms of memory usage, and it could possibly be the leading cause of your problem. Your RAM is fine and I don't see how that graphics card would fail to run a simple GUI.

unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#5 kman621

kman621
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

any suggestions for all around protection if i uninstall this i had avg free before this. Friend i spoke of said it was all he has ever used but as i read online i became convinced i needed real time protection. Any advice

#6 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hi! :thumbsup:

Three good antivirus programs free for non-commercial home use are Avast! and Antivir and AVG Antivirus

I use AVG myself, but all are effective. Just make sure you install only ONE of them. Running multiple AV's on the same system could potentially decrease the effective protection you have.

Also, all those AV's support real time protection and is enabled by default. If disabled at any point, the software will give you a warning.

unite_blue.png

#7 kman621

kman621
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hey thanks for all the help. I did a little more digging and found other people with the same problem it seems to be an xp with service pack 3 thing(which is what i have) it has something to do with ccSvcHst.exe and symantec can't seem to admit to an issue. Oh well live and learn I should have just stuck with AVG free didn't know it had real time protection. Thanks again!

#8 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,289 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:25 PM

Not a problem at all. Glad I could help :thumbsup:

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users