Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse not responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Connor!

Connor!

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

Firsty, sorry if this should of been in hardware - though I am not sure if it is hardware or a software problem.

The touchpad (synaptics) on my laptop (toshiba l350) has just started to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it is really hard to move, other times it will move by itself or not move at all - and most of the time it will move and jump around, often clicking several times aswell.

When the problem first started it was the same for an external mouse, but it is fine with an external mouse now (maybe before it was the external mouses battery as it is wireless)
The problem usually starts when the computer has been running for over 30 minutes, and if I restart it while the problem is occuring it will usually just continue when it starts again.

Heres what I have tried:- Rolling back driver software, Changing settings e.g Sensitivity, Updating driver software, Using different driver software, Scanning for viruses with Bitdefender, Scanning with TrendMicro Online and finally I even took my laptop apart so see if the cable was plugged in right.

The internal mouse works fine when an external mouse is plugged in.
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:03 AM

The internal mouse works fine when an external mouse is plugged in.

For this, do you mean your touchpad works fine when the external is plugged in? If not, I would suggest you feel the touchpad when the problem is occurring. Is there a static build up on the surface? Is it hot? Both could contribute to its behavious going all wonky

Also, have you tried fully uninstalling the drivers? Also, does the problem occur with the laptop plugged into the power supply, running on batteries, or both?

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users