Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BF2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kal-EL

Kal-EL

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:23 AM

I want to buy battlefield 2, but I knew I had to upgrade the comp first. Here's what I"m buying. Can someone please make sure it will run battlefield 2? thanks
-AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
-CHAINTECH SE6600 Geforce 6600 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card
-I already have 768 ddr ram and a 100 gig hard drive.

P.S., all items will be bought on newegg.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spyrious

spyrious

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:02 PM

You should be able to run the game fairly well on Medium settings and high resolution as long as you turn off the dynamic shadows and lights. My friend has about the same setup, with 1Gb of DDR2 RAM instead and an SLI MB and his runs good on the settings I just described.

#3 Eleutheria

Eleutheria

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:15 AM

The game requires at least 512 MB to operate, but they recommend 1-2 gzh to be able to play free of stutter. I have a Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz, 128 GeForce 6800 4x graphics card, and 1 Gig of Ram which enable me to put most options on high on video settings. My overall quality is set to high, with only only texture and lighting set to medium and anti-aliasing off. If I set these options any higher I get a lot of frame rate lag. I also have to make sure that I start my computer fresh in order to play. If I don't I'm sure to experience plenty of lag as the game is such a memory hog.

#4 shercoman

shercoman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:09 PM

I have an Amd 2400, 256mb Radeon 9550 and 512mb ram. And i run everything fine on medium settings. You shouldn't have any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users