Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound Whatsoever

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weatherstation

weatherstation

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

I have no sound comming out of my computer. I'm using Windows XP. My speakers are hooked up, using the the correct output. Nothing works, not even headphones. I tried to install a new sound card, using this topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105514/no-multimedia-audio-controller/ but the problem still didn't get fixed. What do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 weatherstation

weatherstation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

Here's a warning I get from WMP:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

Did you install the drivers for the sound card?
Also it may be helpful to know what sound card you have.

#4 weatherstation

weatherstation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

For my C-Media AC97 Audio device, I get this error message:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I click troubleshoot and it tells me to simply reinstall it. But I don't even know where I got this from. I even tried to update it but nothing came of it.

Another piece of hardware that's not working is the ACYTAHXK IDE Controller. This one's filed under SCSI and RAID Controllers. Not sure what that does.

What do I do? Where do I start?

Edited by weatherstation, 01 June 2009 - 02:26 PM.

#5 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:09 AM

Firstly the ACYTAHXK IDE Controller sounds like a virtual DVD drive device driver that is installed by Daemon Tools (the driver name is random) do you have Daemon Tools installed?

Also it will be easy to find the download vendor for your driver if you can tell me either:

A) your pc manufacturer/model number or

:thumbsup: if it is a custom build the motherboard manufacturer

Your best bet is to download the latest drivers as Queen-Evie has already implied.

High500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users