Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boopme help please or quietman7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 compternoob

compternoob

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:49 PM

Hello I wish that someone can help me solve this problem I've done numerous scans by Malware Bytes and AVG 8.5 free edition. Well I have previously asked Boopme to help and he suggested that I make a new thread so others can read it aswell. Sorry for my grammar I'm only 15 ;) and yea please make the instructions easy to follow I am only a little not nooby now in computers =D

So... my computer is like this, about like 1-2months ago i had my computer umm... well i just reinstalled windows xp I'm not sure what version though. What i find weird is that my computer has 71gigs of memory but tan when i lok at my programs it looks like i dont even have that much... well anyways my computer restarts like when i run my game GunZ (hosted by ijji) okay it lets me start game and enter the game until i have to select a server i select one as soon im about to choose character my computer restarts most of the time the second time i try (after the reboot) i can play it but im still wondering why it will do that (the reboot) well boopme please help cause even when i type my homework i get fustrated because it reboots some of the time and i didnt save my documents so please i really need to find out waht is the problem...i think it wouldnt be tempurature though.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supreme Edgeboy Max

Supreme Edgeboy Max

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

..71GB memory? That's insane. Are you talking about hard drive memory or RAM memory though?

Alright. Give the people more information to work with first.

To check what version your Windows is,
right click the My Computer icon and click Properties. Copy everything that's written under System: and Computer: and show us.

If you're running Windows XP Service Pack 1, I believe there's something wrong with SP1 that makes it restart every so often.

Posted Image

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

Please post the info asked by Supreme Edgeboy Max he is on the right track.. He nor anyone else can move on with out more info.

Did your AV and MBAM scans come back clean?

You may want to install Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. This way you can easily get more requested info.

Edited by boopme, 31 May 2009 - 08:39 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 compternoob

compternoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:31 AM

Okay I am currently running Windows XP Professional Service pack 3(SP3) well umm boopme can you make that last part abit clearer sorry i dont really understand it. my malware bytes came back with 6 infections would you like me to post the log? ill do so anyways.

I have 1.00 GB of ram and 71GB of full computer if im not mistaken and 1.66GHz

Heres My Malware bytes log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37
Database version: 2198
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/30/2009 4:36:42 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-30 (16-36-42).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 152650
Time elapsed: 55 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 5

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\sobar (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\BaiDu\bar (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\icon (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\img (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\logex.dat (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\namedsites.dat (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\icon\adicon0.ico (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\img\imglist.bmp (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\BaiDu\bar\img\logo.bmp (Adware.Cinmus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
____________________________________________________________________________________
to me they dont look like they can cause my computer to restart but im not sure... and does anyone care to teach me how to use HJT
my church friend who is in a computer company told me to unckeck or was it to check all the 014 boxes well im not sure anymore so im asking for a way to learn it becasue iw anna become a computer fixer =D

Edited by compternoob, 01 June 2009 - 12:36 AM.

#5 Supreme Edgeboy Max

Supreme Edgeboy Max

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

Okay. Cinmus is apparently a popup generator, so I'm not sure if it's the cause of your restarts.
Also, don't run HijackThis just yet.
However, let's find out what Kaspersky can find for us first. This'll make you feel better, it was written by quietman7. Follow the instructions to the word~

Try performing an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner.
(Requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) be installed before scanning for malware as ActiveX is no longer being used.)

• Click on the Posted Image ...button.
  • The program will launch and fill in the Information section ... on the left.
  • Read the "Requirements and Limitations" then press... the Posted Image ...button.
  • The program will begin downloading the latest program and definition files.
    It takes a while... please be patient and let it finish.
  • Once the files have been downloaded, click on the Posted Image ...button.
    In the scan settings make sure the following are selected:
    • Detect malicious programs of the following categories:
      Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, Rootkits
      Spyware, Adware, Dialers and other potentially dangerous programs
    • Scan compound files (doesn't apply to the File scan area):
      Archives
      Mail databases
      By default the above items should already be checked.
    • Click the Posted Image ...button, if you made any changes.
  • Now under the Scan section on the left:Select My Computer
  • The program will start and scan your system. This will run for a while, be patient... let it run.
    Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected.
  • Save the scan results as a Text file ... save it to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste the saved scan results file in your next reply.

Posted Image

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

You will also need to Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 compternoob

compternoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

here is the MBAM scan log it was clean and all updated
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37
Database version: 2211
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

6/1/2009 6:19:55 PM
mbam-log-2009-06-01 (18-19-55).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 92569
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 43 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

So what are your issues now .. Still a gaming problem?

#9 compternoob

compternoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

yep it stil does occur and yes everytime i play the first time it restarts but when its the second time t doesnt restart well i just want to effing swear right now because i jsut typed a shiet load of things and my computer restarted i am beginning to really smash my desktop computer righ now its freaking pissing me off please i need help =( and fast i really wanna type my english essay its up to 4 pages and i really dont want my computer restarting.

#10 Supreme Edgeboy Max

Supreme Edgeboy Max

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

I wonder if it's a RAM issue. Maybe the hardware is damaged, producing less memory than what it says so on the label.
It might be something to do with your graphics card too, but the restarts aren't only for your games...

Posted Image

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:20 AM

Looks like it's harware or something other than Malware now.. Please start a new topic in the XP forum and let them run some tests with you,thanks.

#12 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Since this topic has been restarted HERE, this thread is now closed. Please see new topic in the Windows XP section for further assistance, or to post further advice.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users