Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ACER notebook Aspire 5610

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richncali

richncali

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

After installing a new hard drive, I found my Rocker Switch does not work. How do I fix it?
Thanks!

Edited by garmanma, 31 May 2009 - 02:00 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

What do you mean by "Rocker Switch"? What does this switch do? If you're not sure, can you show us a picture of it?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 richncali

richncali
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

The rocker switch on the Acer 5610 notebook is next to the mousepad where you can maneuver the vertical/horizontal scroll bars

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,828 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

After installing a new hard drive,

From that comment I would have to ask, did you also reinstall all your drivers? As well as all the Acer products? You may have inadvertently missed an application somewhere along the line with the reinstall.

And I have to go along with Sterling14 and ask for more clarity about that 'toggle switch's' function. I can't find any reference to one, and what kind of software may be associated with it's function.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users