Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Doctor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rob190688

Rob190688

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

Basically something called Malware Doctor has installed itself on my laptop.
It pretends to be an anti-malware thing, constantly giving me fake alerts, but it's obviously a scam, and it's getting really annoying. My anti-spyware stuff (F-Secure, Anti-Malware, AVG) won't get rid of it, so I googled it to try and find ways to do it. Apparently you can delete it manually by going into the registry i.e. by selecting "Run" and typing "regedit", but guess what, Malware Doctor has somehow disabled it so I can't do it.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of this?

Edited by The weatherman, 31 May 2009 - 12:24 PM.
Moved from AntiVirus, Firewall and Privacy Products and Protection Methods to a more appropriate forum. TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

It looks like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware should get rid of Malware Doctor. Can you post your last MBAM log in your reply? You can find the latest scan logs under the LOGS tab on the MBAM main screen. Open it and copy and paste the log here.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users