Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMA:Wimad[Drp]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moo Cow

Moo Cow

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

I was doing scans ect on my Computer(Which is a Windows XP) and The avast Warning came up saying i had a Dropper virus called WMA:Wimad[Drp]. I deleted it but i'm not sure if i've actually got rid of it...becuase my computer seems occupied and unresponsive.
Sometimes on start up freezing and locking up, meeaning i had to turn off the computer by a button and turning it back on.I've done multiple scans with Windows Defender Super anti spyware and avast but the results came up with nothing. Is there any way i could check i am safe? and can be sure i have no virus' lurking on my computer still?

Also to mention i've had a problem like this in the past. Where my computer kept freezing on Start up. It ended up in a Continuous loop going from the windows sign to the 'Windows was unable to start properly' sign. To fix this i had to install the computers original files to fix it. Which meant i lost every file i had on the computer. Could this be related in any way?
Help, please :thumbsup:.

I'll Believe ANYTHING when Cows fly!!! :3

CHOOOOOOOOOCOOLAAAAAAATEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

It sounds like the file that was infected may have been needed for Windows. Now Windows is unstable.

Try running CHKDSK /F.
Run Windows XP normally, allowing it to load fully.
Access the "My Computer" menu. You can do this by clicking the Start menu and clicking the "My Computer" menu option. You can also double-click the "My Computer" icon if you've enabled it on your desktop.
Right-click on the drive on which you wish to run the Chkdsk F command.
Click "Properties" in the right-click context menu.
Click on the "Tools" tab in the Properties window.
Click on the "Check Now" button in the "Error-checking" frame of the Tools tab.
Click in the "Automatically fix file system errors" check box under the "Check disk options" frame in the following window. This is the step which enables the "/f" command in Chkdsk.
Click "Start" to begin the Chkdsk scan. If there are a lot of processes running in the background, or if Chkdsk determines that it should be run when you next restart your computer, it will suggest it. It is always advisable to run the Chkdsk from the restart in this case.

Or, if your computer reboots during this process, you can do it manually.
Start your computer in safe mode by pressing F8 during the startup process before you see the Windows logo showing that windows is loading. From the menu, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Once at the Command Prompt window, type "chkdsk /f" (without the quotes).

Edited by possumbarnes, 31 May 2009 - 02:21 PM.

What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 Moo Cow

Moo Cow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:24 AM

(sorry for the late reply ;D )

I tried all taht and it worked! Thanks xD
also i downloaded Mbam And it turned out i had 400 virus' ._.'''
Super Anti spyware and Avast didnt detect :/
well thanks again :D

I'll Believe ANYTHING when Cows fly!!! :3

CHOOOOOOOOOCOOLAAAAAAATEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users