Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with HP laptop HD please

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scott Kalisch

Scott Kalisch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

I recently was given a HP Pavilion laptop. It was deemed no good, the screen would not come up, and was worthless.

I got the screen to come up and when it finally did, it said no operating system found.

I cleaned everything with alcohol best I could, and even took out the key pad. No luck either, i think the HD is ruined due to liquid spilage. I want to replace the HD, but can nto find a replacement.

N5415 Pavilion

Any ideas??

Soda was spilled on this kyboard etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sixpack6t9

sixpack6t9

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

Hi,
I have an HP Pavilion N3110. I had problems finding an HDD for it .(It had 4gb)
So, what worked for me, was to install a 12gb Toshiba HDD. The difference in the two was the way they plugged in. The Toshiba was "offset" by about 6 pins. So I carefully removed the bracket (that thin piece of metal that frames the HDD and has the plug on it), and took the other one off too, and switched them. It's only a few screws and some finesse. The result is what I'm using right now...an HP Pavilion laptop with a Toshiba HDD! There were no other formatting issues when I installed the software. I did remember to write the CYLinders, Heads and Sectors down, and the disk size, large block mode or not, etc... so that I could configure the new HDD.
I don't suggest this for anyone who hasn't handled hardware installations before, but it can be done, because I've done it.

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Getting burned in one battle does not mean that you've lost the whole war---Keep swingin' anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users