What Garmanma meant was that if you did back up your data and then reload it onto your computer after the reformat from a cd or flashdrive, you may have carried the infection from before the reformat onto the clean install. What antivirus program do you have? It's possible to scan a flashdrive by inserting into the drive and doing a scan of the flash drive. If you don't already have an antivirus program, I recommend that Avast would be useful in this case. Also, a good online scan for this would be BitDefender which is a scan that has to be run using Internet Explorer with Active X enabled. I'll give you the instructions for each of these:Step 3:
Next I would like for you to run an online scan calledBitDefenderNote:
You can only run this scan with Internet Explorer with Active X enabled
Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
- Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
- Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
- Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
- Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
- When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
- Click-on the Detected Problems tab. Then select Click here to export the scan report
- When the window comes up to save the report, change the Save as type box to Text (Tab Delimited) (*.txt)
- Then in the File name box enter bdscan then click save.
- Please upload this file with your next post as an attachment, or post the contents of the file into a code box. To do this, simply paste the contents of the file into your Add Reply box (do not use quick reply) and then highlight just those contents and click on the button five over from the smiley face beneath the fonts which is called Wrap in code tags. You can only see this if you allow your mouse to hover over that button.
Here's a link for Avast. Avast is a resident antivirus program, so do not install it if you already have a differernt antivirus, as the two will damage each other's files causing both to be ineffective.Avast!
Let me know how this goes and if there's any virus found, I would like to see the results.
Also, please give more information about what kinds of problems this laptop is giving you, as that's not clear.