Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video playback on firefox is jerky...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chuckaugustus

chuckaugustus

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

I'm really confused. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, and uninstalling and reinstalling flash,
but none if it seemed to work. Videos play smoothly on IE, but on FireFox, playback is jerky. By that I mean,
when videos start, it's fine, but a few seconds into a video, the picture in the video freezes for a split second
and continues to where the audio is because the audio in the video doesn't lag with the picture in the video.
And it happens continuously throughout the videos. It's hard to explain, but I hope that makes sense.
This happens to all videos I watch, whether it be on Youtube or Google. I don't know what is causing this.
Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:46 AM

Produce a link to a video please.

#3 chuckaugustus

chuckaugustus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

Why?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

I think the reason is to determine if the same jerkiness occurs on someone else's Firefox browser. If it does, then the problem may be with Firefox itself. If it doesn't then it would be something specific to your installation of Firefox.

While I use Firefox, I'm not a good one to test that as I'm on dial-up so ANY video is choppy if it even shows at all.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I suspect that you may have to mess around with your Firefox addons. So a link will confirm that problem.

#6 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Have you tried pausing the video on youtube until it's fully loaded and then playing it, does it still do it then?

Did you go through the process of uninstalling flash, so that when you try to access youtube from FireFox it tells you to install the Flash player addon for FF? If not then go through this method just to ensure your getting the correct software.

#7 Bamyasi

Bamyasi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

I have the exact same problem. I thought I wouldn't start a new thread explaining the same situation, so I'll just tack on to this one. This video is choppy for me on Firefox but not on Internet Explorer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgyZ76wR2s...ature=rec-HM-r2

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

It works fine for me. I'll say the same thing I said to the other guy. You may have to mess around with your IE addons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users