Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nvidia 8200m driver won't restart

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fatbottoms

fatbottoms

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

i just updated the driver for my graphic card nvidia GeForce 8200M G with this driver 8.15.11.8585 ( http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_noteb...85.85_whql.html ) replacing the hp driver ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3795258
).

and now everything seems to stream better and the gaming experience has improved, but my laptop won't restart when i click on the start menu and restart option.

while the laptop doesn't completely shut down, it just stay frozen with a blank screen perpetually, so i have to manually shut it down by pressing the button and starting it over again.

i know that it's the nvidia driver because when i go back to the oem driver from hp, it works fine again.

does anybody know what i can do because i'd rather have the nvidia driver from their site, as it makes everything stream better, but not being able to restart it is driving me crazy.

i have a hp g60-120us model running vista home premium 32.

i also use a samsung hdtv as my external monitor, but i don't think this makes a difference because even without the hdtv hooked up, it won't restart.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Try this program and see if it'll shut your system down:

Agatasoft Shutdown Pro

I haven't used this program in awhile but I remember it worked pretty well. This is just a shot in the dark of course, but hey, if it works......
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 fatbottoms

fatbottoms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:13 PM

i didn't use the Agatasoft Shutdown Pro because it cost money, but i did try other shutdown programs to no avail.

in searching the nvidia forums, i've found out that this driver has been problematic for numerous other people with it's own topic listing all the endless problems.

#4 21stCenturyBreakdown

21stCenturyBreakdown

• Banned
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:33 PM

Try this program and see if it'll shut your system down:

Agatasoft Shutdown Pro

I haven't used this program in awhile but I remember it worked pretty well. This is just a shot in the dark of course, but hey, if it works......

Dude, that's an attack site, my AV told me it was trying to download viruses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users