WinPC Defender may prevent you from installing or running MBAM.
If MBAM will not install, try renaming
it and changing the file extension
. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.
- Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
- Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
- If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
- Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
- Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.
If it still won't run, then try this (you can also download and save to a CD or USB drive).
Please download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt
- alternate download link
.Follow these instructions for performing a scan in "safe mode" after running ATF-Cleaner
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
When done, try running MBAM again.