Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a problem!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Uzrik

Uzrik

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

My problem is my computer keels freezing randomly... I have taken some of the start up programs off and uninstalled some things and it still freezes up. I opened it up and noticed there was a lot of dust. Would cleaning the dust out help? Or would it not? Running multiple programs does not make it freeze right away! But when I get on the internet and do something... ...after about 5 minutes it will come up with "not responding" and then I close it. Then if I try to open it up again it freezes the computer. If I wait it will freeze randomly! What should or can I do? By the way I used my Ipod touch to do this so if there are any spelling mistakes I am sorry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

The CPU overheating can cause the freezing.
As to the dust/dirt , computers are usually happier when they are clean.
You might want to get some "canned air" & blow it out carefully.

A good C drive clean up & defrag may help a lot !
Open My Computer
Right click the C drive & on the menu click Properties
Click on the Tools tab
do a defrag
When that is done go back to the General page & click on Disk Cleanup
Put checkmarks in all the little boxes
Do the cleanup.

If you haven't got it download Malwarebytes,

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button

Install it, do a scan, & remove everything it finds.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Uzrik

Uzrik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

Well we cleaned out the dust we did disk cleanup but not for all of them because then it will just freeze if we do all of them! I dont think it is the CPU freezing up because it sometimes freezes right when it gets to the desk top and it has been off for 7 hours... We can try doing full disk clean up but it will probably freeze!

#4 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

If disk clean up fails, you could try a fresh install of Windows, or buy a new Hard Drive and install Windows.
Hard Drives fail, and if you arent backed up, your files are gone forever.

#5 Uzrik

Uzrik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

um also we can not restore our pc when we wanted to... we clicked a date we wanted it to get to. but it wuldnt go to the next step. It did not freeze though!

#6 Uzrik

Uzrik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

ummm i need more help

#7 Uzrik

Uzrik
  • Topic Starter