Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help...Video card is fried and so is my brain....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bella Jean

Bella Jean

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

So my computer I have died on me and I need a new video card for it. I don't want to spend crazy amounts of money cause I just ordered a $1200 computer, but I at least want to put a card in there that will still allow me to run games, nothing to crazy just like the Sims 2, B&W, Spore, Age of Empires,... also this computer is for all of my music I have a little over 100gb of music and for my videos and pictures. This computer was built in Jan 05. I also have a fried PSU that I have to replace, plus I am going to put more ram in it...Needless to say I really want to spend about $50-75 for a good video card that will do everything I need, but I have no idea if that is even possible....Please help...

Some of the specs are:

Intel Processer...? I have no idea what spec cause it isn't on and I cant see it....it probably not anything fancy though
500w ATX PSU
M950 v3.3 Motherboard....I think it is AGP.....I have no idea, I looked up the model number and the picture is identical....this is the link I went to:
http://www.pcchipsusa.com/PCCWebSite/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=234&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=45&LanID=0
1.5gb Ram
500gb HardDrive

I know its not a lot but thats all I know, sorry, please do let me know if there is anything else you need to know...

I am totally clueless on what video cards would even work for this computer? Also I dont want to spend a ton to fix this computer but I do want to be able to do stuff on it even after I get my other computer. Someone I know mention to know what APV slot....I have no idea what he is talking about, lol, please help. All of my pictures and videos of my daughter are on there and I need to get them off asap I I have no pictures of her at all. I am frantic and completely confused, please please help. Thank you sooooooo much!!! I want to get this fixed as soon as possible...I highly doubt it will be able to run the Sims 3 but that would be awesome even if everything was on the lowest setting...
:thumbsup:

~Belle

Edited by Bella Jean, 30 May 2009 - 06:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

You need to lose the light color for typing !
I have a eye condition that causes me to have a hard time seeing light color print on a white background.
I had to get somebody with better eyes to read it for me, :thumbsup:

Any how,

SAPPHIRE 100175L Radeon X1650PRO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X Video Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814102073
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users