Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JPEG "Preview Not Available" Problem...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ennfuego

ennfuego

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this question, so please let me know if it needs to be moved.

I am using XP Home and am having a problem with some of my JPEGS.

In the "My Pictures" folder, I have a number of sub-folders, all of which display 4 thumbnail previews of the pictures contained within. When I open a couple of my folders, however, the JPEG thumbnails within show up as the generic JPEG sunset icon. When I click on them and try to open them with Windows Fax and Picture Viewer, I get a message that says "No Preview Available" and I can't access the pictures. I've tried using both XNView and Irfanview, but neither will open them, either.

All the pictures show an appropriate size in the folder view and all say they were modified on 2/1/2009, which worries me because that was Superbowl Sunday and I did not touch my computer or pictures that day.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C.J.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users