Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Derek Ellis

Derek Ellis

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

Does anyone know how much the full retail version might cost once Windows 7 is released? I dont want to use the RC Version, and i am willing to pay good money for something if i can skip over Windows Vista.

Also, is "Windows 7" the final name? Or does anyone know if it will be renamed?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hi Derek – as of now, you won’t see any name changes with Windows 7. Also, there haven’t been any firm numbers as far as price for Windows 7 when it RTMs.

If you’re looking to use it, you can download the RC here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx. The RC is the near-final version of the OS and actually has all the features that you’ll see in a consumer release (which is coming around the holidays).

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

#3 RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

RonS WINDOWS-TEAM

Authorized Microsoft Rep

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Also, Microsoft just announced the general availability date for Windows 7; Oct. 22, 2009.

Get excited.

Here's a link to my post about it:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic231213.html.

Cheers,
Ron S

Windows Outreach Team

Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users