Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My burner won't burn any more

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hi, I've been burning photos from my hard drive to DVD without a hitch for months, but yesterday I tried burning from a floppy instead but it wouldn't work, the burn process couldn't seem to recognise anything.
Furthermore, when I went back to try burning stuff from my hard drive, that wouldn't work either!
I can only imagine something must have happened to throw off the Nero 7 burn settings and I don't know how to get them back, any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Why don't you try Imgburn
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
That way you'll know if it's the software or not
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:49 PM

Thanks, i followed your link but it seems Imgburn won't work either, so maybe the burning ability of my drive has gone up the spout..
I'm not too PC-literate, is there some kind of diagnostic I can run to check why the drive is unhappy, otherwise i'll have to cart the whole machine down the shop and leave it with them for 10 days to look at for their usual 25 (40 US dollars) fee..
PS- shall I uninstall and re-install Nero 7 to see if that cures any corrupt burn files or whatever? Would that be easy to do?

#4 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

PS- shall I uninstall and re-install Nero 7 to see if that cures any corrupt burn files or whatever? Would that be easy to do?

If you have the disk to reinstall it, then yes, try it. I'd recommend using RevoUninstaller to uninstall it. You can download it from here.
Revo will make sure that it is completely uninstalled with all folders and registry entries removed as well. Once its uninstalled, reboot the computer and reinstall Nero.

Let us know how it works.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#5 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

Good news I think..:thumbsup:
Before following up the suggestions of you guys I had one last crack at burning by juggling a few settings and Eureka it burns again, don't ask me how!
Just one thing continues to stick in my craw however- when I go to 'My Computer' and right-click on my E: drive to get a pie chart of space used on the inserted disk, I get this below which doesn't look right to me, I mean its all blue with no pink slice even though I know its nowhere near full because it's a 4.7GB disk.
Does it look right to you?

Posted Image

Edited by MickinPlymouthUK, 31 May 2009 - 03:00 AM.

#6 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

Looks fine. Once a disk is finalized, no matter how much data, it will show full. Glad you got it working (I would have given up and thrown another DVD drive at it long ago).

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I'd recommend using RevoUninstaller to uninstall it.

Nero removal tool

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninsta...ol-Bundle.shtml
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users