Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ITUNES disc burner or software not found

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bfasula

bfasula

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

I have Itunes 8.1.1.10 and when I try to burn an audio disc the message "Disc burners or software not found". I have read of a similar problem with DAEMON Tools installed but I don't believe that I have that software. The USER also has administrator rights. Can anyone help with this?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

So you can not burn a disk with iTunes, but you can with other programs?
Try reinstalling iTunes.

Can you access a disk in your CD/DVD drive?
If not, check the device manager (Start Run devmgmt.msc)
Look for your CD/DVD drive there.

Try those for a start, let me know what happens.

#3 bfasula

bfasula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

I ran the devmgmt.msc and found it reports an error"
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

#4 bfasula

bfasula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

I was able to fix that problem by running a Microsoft fix for a missing D drive.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us
I will recheck ITUNES.

Now I get this error:
disc recording not found" after I right click a playlist and choose burn playlist to disc. Also when I open itunes it gives me a warning and says "The registry settings used by the itunes drivers for importingand burning cd's and dvds are missing. Please reinstall itunes."

Edited by bfasula, 30 May 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#5 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:53 PM

Quoted from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 (Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in Windows)

Code 10

If the device has a FailReasonString value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator puts this registry string value there. If there is no FailReasonString in the hardware key, you receive the following error message:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Recommended resolutions

Here are some things that you can try to resolve this problem.

Update the driver

In the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendorís Web site.

View the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base

Complete troubleshooting information is provided in the following article. Please see this article for help. For more information about Code 10-related errors , click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
943104 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943104/ ) Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates on Windows XP-based computers

-----

If what is bolded doesn't work, go to The Windows Help Page on Code 10 Errors. Try some of the things there.

#6 bfasula

bfasula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

I tried updating the CD ROM driver and it said the driver was up to date.

#7 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:33 PM

Did you try to burn a disk another way?

EDIT: Have you successfully burned a disk before?

Edited by maki2012, 30 May 2009 - 07:35 PM.

#8 bfasula

bfasula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

I have burned data disks but not audio disks by just copying the files over to the drive and telling vista to create a disk.

#9 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

Have you tried another music disk burner, such as Windows Media Player?

#10 bfasula

bfasula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

No I haven't tried any other cd burner software. I downloaded the music through Itunes and I think it's an m4a format not mp3. Is there any other burner software that will handle that format?

#11 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

You can use Format Factory to convert the audio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users