Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Rompy

Rompy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

Hello. For some time now I have had a problem with my computer involving redirects to a now non existant web page. It was a fake microsoft security warning page that had a link to a malware removal site. The name of said company escapes me now. The problem began in december 08. This effects every browser I have tried. I think I remember how it happened, a dodgy flash player download. Mbam, norton and SnD don't catch it, only Hijack This spots the problem, although I have been warned not to mess with anything myself, although a self proclaimed "knowledgable friend has attempted to fix the problem with no success. I no longer have my vista CD, so reformatting everything is not really an option. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached File  hijackthis2.log   7.03KB   17 downloads updated

Should add that I get an error when trying to run DDS. "Operating system not supported". im on Vista Ultimate

Also, this infection causes my genuine flash player to not work. I have to contunually reinstall for it to work, which is annoying to say the least. I managed to get the latest flash player from a safe site, the authors site is blocked by the virus.

Tried Avira too, not picking up any infection.

Mbam incase it helps narrow down the problem
Attached File  mbam_log_2009_05_30__23_50_51_.txt   840bytes   13 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Rompy, 31 May 2009 - 10:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Ok. I know im not supposed to reply to this but since its been a few days and I can't update my original post I thought I should drop in and say through boredom I start messing around with stuff myself. Bad idea probably but there ya go. Heres whats happened.

1) I seem to have fixed the redirect probelm, atleast temporarily by modifying my hosts file with notepad. No doubt the problem is more deep rooted than that but there you go.

2) The flash player still needs constant reinstalling.
===========

Hello

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.

Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.

We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 June 2009 - 07:41 PM.

#3 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

#4 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

"This tool does not support your operating system. Press any Key to continue" As I said in my original post :thumbup2:

Since My first post I have resolved the redirect issue and installed a firefox flash plugin.

The only Visable problem I have now is the flash player for Internet explorer has to be reinstalled after every reboot. Since I use Firefox, this is not really an issue, but I am still infected. So Id rather clear it up if someone still wants to help.

Edited by Rompy, 10 June 2009 - 03:24 PM.

#5 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:44 AM

Hi rompy,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.

Please give me a little time to go through your log and I will get back to you with your first instructions. Don't worry I won't abandon you.
  • Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already, and wait for me to get back to you.
  • Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.
  • Please reply to this post so I know you are there.
The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day then I will close the topic.

Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#6 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

New log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 15:28:44, on 13/06/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avi Player\AviPlayer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Avi Player] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avi Player\AviPlayer.exe" hmw
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3330469411-3674169202-1963190483-1000\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3330469411-3674169202-1963190483-1000\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe (User '?')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {3860DD98-0549-4D50-AA72-5D17D200EE10} -
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (CDownloadCtrl Object) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.3.8.110.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0014-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Print Spooler (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Block Level Backup Engine Service (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 5984 bytes

Edited by Rompy, 13 June 2009 - 09:29 AM.

#7 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

Hi rompy,

I know you're having problems with DDS so can you attempt to run RSIT. It's a similar tool.
  • Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
Please also run Gmer, just to rule out rootkits.

We need to scan for Rootkits with GMER
  • Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:
    • Main Mirror
      This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
    • Zip Mirror
      This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Close any and all open programs, as this process may crash your computer.
  • Double click Posted Image or Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • You may see this window. If you do, click No.
    Posted Image
  • Click on Posted Image and wait for the scan to finish.
  • If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • Push Posted Image and save the logfile to your desktop.
  • Copy and Paste the contents of that file in your next post.

Posted Image

#8 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:06 PM

Info.txt is nowhere to be found

Logfile of random's system information tool 1.06 (written by random/random)
Run by Dale at 2009-06-13 20:02:46
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Service Pack 1
System drive C: has 76 GB (40%) free of 191 GB
Total RAM: 3325 MB (64% free)

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 20:02:53, on 13/06/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avi Player\AviPlayer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IELowutil.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Users\Dale\Desktop\RSIT.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\Dale.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Avi Player] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avi Player\AviPlayer.exe" hmw
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3330469411-3674169202-1963190483-1000\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun (User '?')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-3330469411-3674169202-1963190483-1000\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe (User '?')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search && Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {3860DD98-0549-4D50-AA72-5D17D200EE10} -
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (CDownloadCtrl Object) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.3.8.110.cab
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0014-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} -
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: SBSD Security Center Service (SBSDWSCService) - Safer Networking Ltd. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Print Spooler (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Block Level Backup Engine Service (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 6066 bytes

======Scheduled tasks folder======

C:\Windows\tasks\User_Feed_Synchronization-{CDA58C9B-4E03-46E5-AD5A-912D19D6361D}.job

======Registry dump======

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C}]
Skype add-on (mastermind) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll [2009-05-26 1088296]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}]
Spybot-S&D IE Protection - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll [2009-01-26 1879896]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6}]
Windows Live Sign-in Helper - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll [2009-01-22 408448]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WinampAgent"=C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winampa.exe [2009-03-09 37888]
"avgnt"=C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe [2009-03-02 209153]
"QuickTime Task"=C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe [2009-05-26 413696]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Sidebar"=C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe [2008-01-19 1555968]
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"=C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe [2009-03-05 2260480]
"ehTray.exe"=C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe [2008-01-19 138240]
"Avi Player"=C:\Program Files (x86)\Avi Player\AviPlayer.exe [2007-09-05 629760]
"WMPNSCFG"=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe []

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\!SASWinLogon]
C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll [2008-07-23 352256]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{5AE067D3-9AFB-48E0-853A-EBB7F4A000DA}"=C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASSEH.DLL [2008-05-13 77824]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=0
"legalnoticecaption"=
"legalnoticetext"=
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=1
"undockwithoutlogon"=1
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"=0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\explorer]
"NoActiveDesktop"=
"ForceActiveDesktopOn"=
"NoActiveDesktopChanges"=

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe"="C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe:*:Enabled:BitTorrent"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{0482c878-92cd-11dd-9b3e-001e90daf251}]
shell\AutoRun\command - C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.EXE Shell32.DLL,ShellExec_RunDLL E:\runme.htm

======File associations======

.js - edit - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Notepad.exe %1
.js - open - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WScript.exe "%1" %*

======List of files/folders created in the last 1 months======

2009-06-10 09:30:04 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\mshtml.dll
2009-06-10 09:30:01 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\ieframe.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:59 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:59 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\urlmon.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:59 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\iertutil.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:58 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\ieui.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:58 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\iedkcs32.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:57 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\jsproxy.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:57 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\iesetup.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:57 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\iernonce.dll
2009-06-10 09:29:57 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\ie4uinit.exe
2009-06-10 09:28:56 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\psisdecd.dll
2009-06-10 09:28:56 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\EncDec.dll
2009-06-10 09:28:53 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\rpcrt4.dll
2009-06-10 09:28:51 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\localspl.dll
2009-06-09 20:07:45 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent
2009-06-08 15:45:51 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\DNA
2009-06-08 10:30:24 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
2009-06-07 14:56:04 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft
2009-06-07 14:54:24 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg
2009-06-07 14:53:28 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\Synsopos.exe
2009-06-07 14:53:24 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncrosoft
2009-06-07 14:53:24 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\SynsoLChk.dll
2009-06-07 14:53:24 ----A---- C:\Windows\system32\SYNSOACC.dll
2009-06-07 01:45:35 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Apple Computer
2009-06-07 01:45:35 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime
2009-06-05 20:36:35 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Xvid
2009-06-04 20:16:37 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\skypePM
2009-06-04 20:12:52 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\Skype
2009-06-04 20:11:58 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Skype
2009-06-04 20:11:55 ----RD---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype
2009-06-04 20:11:46 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Skype
2009-06-02 11:48:24 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\Google
2009-06-02 11:37:07 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\Adobe
2009-06-02 08:18:09 ----D---- C:\MGtools
2009-06-02 08:17:32 ----A---- C:\MGtools.exe
2009-06-02 06:57:32 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
2009-06-02 06:57:12 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live SkyDrive
2009-06-02 06:38:58 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Windows Live
2009-05-30 20:14:51 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Avira
2009-05-30 20:14:51 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira

======List of files/folders modified in the last 1 months======

2009-06-13 20:02:53 ----D---- C:\Windows\Prefetch
2009-06-13 20:02:49 ----D---- C:\Windows\Temp
2009-06-13 15:20:34 ----D---- C:\Windows\System32
2009-06-13 15:20:34 ----D---- C:\Windows\inf
2009-06-13 09:18:22 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
2009-06-10 11:53:24 ----D---- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET
2009-06-10 11:53:09 ----RSD---- C:\Windows\assembly
2009-06-10 09:58:30 ----D---- C:\Windows\winsxs
2009-06-10 09:45:47 ----D---- C:\Windows\SysWOW64
2009-06-10 09:45:47 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\migration
2009-06-10 09:45:47 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer
2009-06-10 09:45:45 ----D---- C:\Windows\ehome
2009-06-10 09:31:27 ----D---- C:\Windows\Debug
2009-06-09 20:07:45 ----RD---- C:\Program Files (x86)
2009-06-09 12:45:39 ----AD---- C:\ProgramData\TEMP
2009-06-09 12:45:22 ----D---- C:\Fraps
2009-06-08 10:37:38 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\DVDVideoSoft
2009-06-08 10:33:25 ----SHD---- C:\Windows\Installer
2009-06-08 10:33:25 ----HD---- C:\ProgramData
2009-06-08 07:16:49 ----D---- C:\Windows
2009-06-07 15:34:25 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\Spotify
2009-06-07 14:54:24 ----RD---- C:\Program Files
2009-06-07 08:57:10 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\Macromed
2009-06-07 02:07:22 ----SD---- C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
2009-06-06 09:15:45 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2009-06-05 10:14:45 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Google
2009-06-04 20:11:58 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
2009-06-02 09:09:48 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner
2009-06-02 07:27:23 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2009-06-02 07:03:03 ----D---- C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA
2009-06-02 06:58:06 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live
2009-06-02 06:57:56 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared
2009-06-02 06:38:34 ----SD---- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft
2009-05-30 21:43:58 ----SD---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft
2009-05-30 21:14:36 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\SmitfraudFix
2009-05-30 20:14:52 ----D---- C:\Windows\system32\drivers
2009-05-30 18:17:26 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
2009-05-21 05:25:55 ----D---- C:\Users\Dale\AppData\Roaming\DivX
2009-05-20 09:58:35 ----D---- C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mail

======List of drivers (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R1 CSC;Offline Files Driver; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\csc.sys []
R2 avgntflt;avgntflt; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\avgntflt.sys []
R3 cmuda3;C-Media PCI Audio Interface; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\cmudax3.sys []
R3 FETND6V;VIA Rhine Family Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\fet6x64v.sys []
R3 HdAudAddService;Microsoft 1.1 UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio Service; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\HdAudio.sys []
R3 ksthunk;Kernel Streaming Thunks; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys []
R3 nvlddmkm;nvlddmkm; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys []
R3 usbaudio;USB Audio Driver (WDM); C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys []
R3 VST64_DPV;VST64_DPV; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTDPV6.SYS []
R3 VST64HWBS2;VST64HWBS2; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTBS26.SYS []
R3 winachsf;winachsf; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\VSTCNXT6.SYS []
S1 SASDIFSV;SASDIFSV; \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASDIFSV.SYS [2008-09-03 8944]
S1 SASKUTIL;SASKUTIL; \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys [2008-09-03 55024]
S3 drmkaud;Microsoft Kernel DRM Audio Descrambler; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys []
S3 FET5A64;VIA Rhine-Family Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver Service; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\fet5a64.sys []
S3 MSKSSRV;Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys []
S3 MSPCLOCK;Microsoft Streaming Clock Proxy; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys []
S3 MSPQM;Microsoft Streaming Quality Manager Proxy; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys []
S3 MSTEE;Microsoft Streaming Tee/Sink-to-Sink Converter; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\MSTEE.sys []
S3 SASENUM;SASENUM; \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASENUM.SYS [2008-09-03 7408]
S3 SynasUSB;SynasUSB; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SynUSB64.sys []
S3 whfltr2k;WheelMouse USB Lower Filter Driver; C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\whfltr2k.sys []
S4 WmiAcpi;Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI; C:\Windows\system32\drivers\wmiacpi.sys []

======List of services (R=Running, S=Stopped, 0=Boot, 1=System, 2=Auto, 3=Demand, 4=Disabled)======

R2 AntiVirSchedulerService;Avira AntiVir Scheduler; C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe [2009-06-09 108289]
R2 AntiVirService;Avira AntiVir Guard; C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe [2009-06-09 185089]
R2 nvsvc;NVIDIA Display Driver Service; C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe []
R2 SBSDWSCService;SBSD Security Center Service; C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe [2009-01-26 1153368]
S3 clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_64;Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v2.0.50727_X64; C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe [2008-07-27 93184]
S3 PerfHost;@%systemroot%\sysWow64\perfhost.exe,-2; C:\Windows\SysWow64\perfhost.exe [2008-01-19 19968]
S3 wbengine;Block Level Backup Engine Service; C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe []
S4 AppMgmt;Application Management; C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe [2008-01-19 21504]
S4 CscService;Offline Files; C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe [2008-01-19 21504]
S4 Fax;Fax; C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe []
S4 UmRdpService;Terminal Services UserMode Port Redirector; C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe [2008-01-19 21504]

-----------------EOF-----------------

#9 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Gmer came up blank

#10 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Just before we continue with the fix...

The log shows that you have been using so called peer-to-peer or file-sharing programmes (in your case uTorrent and BitTorrent). These programmes allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world the cyber crime has come a long way and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of their malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.

It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: "File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer" and "Risks of File-Sharing Technology."

It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organisations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA for music files, or the MPAA for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.

Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."

Back to the fix

When you say Gmer is blank, do you mean the log file had nothing on it at all or the log didn't actually get generated?

Let's try another scanner.

Please download Rooter.exe and save it to your desktop but rename it as Scooter.exe
  • Double-click it to start the tool. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose Run As Administrator...
  • Alow it to run when you get a Security Warning
  • A black Command Windows will open saying: "Please Wait..."
  • It will now begin to scan, please be paitent. The scan should not take more than 2 minutes
  • A Notepad file containing the report will open soon. It can also be found at %systemdrive%\Rooter.txt
  • Please post the contents of that log in your next reply
There's nothing lurking in the RSIT log.

Please download HostsXpert 4.2
  • Extract (unzip) HostsXpert.zip to a permanent folder on your hard drive such as C:\HostsXpert
  • Double-click HostsXpert.exe to run the program.
  • Click "Restore MS Hosts File".
  • Click OK at the confirmation box.
  • Click "Make Read Only".
  • Click the X to exit the program.
-- Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.

This will reset your hosts file, let me know how this affects your PC.

Posted Image

#11 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

"When you say Gmer is blank, do you mean the log file had nothing on it at all or the log didn't actually get generated?" It detected nothing and the log was blank.

When I try to run Rooter.exe after following instructions correctly it say "has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution" tried several times.

Checking the flash player thing now. Has been disabling after reboot.

Unfortunately the IE based flash player problem persists. This wouldn't bother me since I use Firefox, however I would still like to find out whats wrong since it could be something sinister causing it.

Edited by Rompy, 13 June 2009 - 09:07 PM.

#12 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:08 AM

Hi rompy,

Just checking: have you run HostsXpert?

Let's see if we can reset the policies and deal with the flash problem.

Download to your Desktop FixPolicies.exe, a self-extracting ZIP archive from here: http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/BillCa...FixPolicies.exe
  • Double-click FixPolicies.exe.
  • Click the "Install" button on the bottom toolbar of the box that will open.
  • The program will create a new Folder called FixPolicies.
  • Double-click to Open the new Folder, and then double-click the file within: Fix_Policies.cmd.
  • A black box should briefly appear and then close. This will enable your Control Panel and stop the Administrative warnings, at least until the malware infection resets the registry policy keys again. You can run this as many times as you like. A permanent fix requires removing the infection.
Then

One final check for malware, so far there appears to be nothing.

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

• Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
    • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases
  • Click on My Computer under Scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
  • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
  • Please post this log in your next reply.
Posted Image

#13 Rompy

Rompy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

Yes. I ran HostXpert. I had already "fixed" the redirect problem by deleting the contents of my hosts file with notepad, the redirect problem is gone.

That first link is a dud.

I have ran Kaperskies online scanner before and it found nothing, but if you want me to run it again I can.

I am happy to call this fixed since I don't use IE. It has no bearing on my computers performance as far as I can tell and Im sure there are people with more serious problems desperate for your help.

Feel free to close this case. Thank you for your time.

#14 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

That first link is a dud.

Thanks for letting me know, I've sorted that now. :thumbup2: I have the instructions below just in case you want to run it.
  • Download to your Desktop FixPolicies.exe, a self-extracting ZIP archive from Here :
  • Double-click FixPolicies.exe.
  • Click the "Install" button on the bottom toolbar of the box that will open.
  • The program will create a new Folder called FixPolicies.
  • Double-click to Open the new Folder, and then double-click the file within: Fix_Policies.cmd.
  • A black box will briefly appear and then close. Exit the program.

I am happy to call this fixed since I don't use IE. It has no bearing on my computers performance as far as I can tell and Im sure there are people with more serious problems desperate for your help.

Feel free to close this case. Thank you for your time.

Okay. I believe it is clean. I would run Kaspersky just to be sure but it's your choice. I need to issue you instructions for how to remove tools and other important things.

Please reactivate your antivirus, antispyware and firewall programs.

Download and Run OTC

We will now remove the tools we used during this fix using OTC.
  • Download OTC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click Posted Image icon to start the program. If you are using Vista, please right-click and choose run as administrator
  • Then Click the big Posted Image button.
  • You will get a prompt saying "Being Cleanup Process". Please select Yes.
  • Restart your computer when prompted.
Please set your system to hide all hidden files.
Click Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, uncheck Show hidden files and folders.
Check: Hide file extensions for known file types
Check the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm.

Now you should Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "OK".
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
That's it rompy, happy surfing!

Cheers,

m0le
Posted Image

#15 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :thumbup2:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me via pm with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users