Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

May be infected with sdbot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LisaD

LisaD

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:12 PM

I have Spysweeper (not antivirus edition) and Norton Antivirus, corporate edition on my computer. Spysweeper runs every night. A couple days ago it came up with sdbot and said it quarantined it. I ran Norton which came up clean. I ran Spysweeper again which came up clean. However, now my computer is doing some strange things. I've had my Outlook Express lock up a few times requiring a hard crash of the system. The computer has been running slower at times and this morning when I came back from getting a cup of coffee I noticed in place of the Start menu button, it said SACHS and looked like it was carved into a stone wall. There was also a stone wall appearance at the right end of the taskbar down by the clock. When I ran my mouse over them, they went back to normal. The other odd thing that happened was that yesterday the computer made the tone that you would hear if you connected new hardware and then removed the new hardware--for no reason. The only thing that I have done during the last couple days was replace my keyboard with a Microsoft 4000 wired keyboard, and I had to buy a hub to increase my number of USB ports to accomodate the keyboard. My old keyboard plugged into a keyboard port. Thoughts?

Lisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users