Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Does my graphics card support Direct3D draw

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sachin naik

sachin naik

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

I am unable to play any game which requires "direct 3d draw" feature, the error usually displayed is "could not create direct 3d draw"
If I go to run the "dxdiag" test and click the display tab, I can see there is one button named as "test direct draw" when i click on it, I get the necessary displays like black and white rectangles, Bouncing white box on full screen, so this proves that my direct draw feature works fine as the tests go successful, but below this button there is one more button named as "test direct3d", but this button appears to be faded and hence I cannot click on it to test if I have direct 3d draw feature

well below the window there are small notes displayed like this:
The system is using generic video driver, please install the drive provided by your hardware manufacturer
Direct Draw test results: All tests are successful
Direct 3D functionality not available, you should verify that the driver is the final version from the hardware manufacturer

A year back I was not having such problems with my graphics card, but one day due to some power surge problem my motherboard was defected, so the computer guy came in my house , he removed my entire motherboard and replaced it with a new motherboard for free as I was having the warranty card, and I remember, whenever I used to start my PC with the old motherboard, I used to get some MSI symbol at the corner but now with this new mother board the symbol which is displayed before start up is something like "American megatrends" and not MSI, while installing this new motherboard the computer guy did not bring any CD (Drivers) with it but instead he asked me for my old CD's to install the drivers (which actually I used for my old motherboard)

So is it that I have to buy a new motherboard if I want the direct 3d functionality????????????, for which I will have to pay bucks

The following is the log file generated by my DirectX Diagnostic Tool

System Information

Time of this report: 5/30/2009, 19:54:42
Machine name: SACHIN-07795C16
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: P4M890T-M
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: IntelŪ PentiumŪ D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 960MB RAM
Page File: 427MB used, 1886MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
Card name:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\
Display Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor Max Res:
Driver Name: vga.dll
Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/24/2001 01:30:00, 9344 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: vga.sys
Mini VDD Date: 8/4/2004 04:37:08, 20992 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B70EE0-4340-11CF-B063-282AAEC2C835}
Vendor ID: 0x0000

Device ID: 0x0000
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Someone plz help me
Thanks in Advance

Edited by sachin naik, 30 May 2009 - 09:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

That is the motherboard model.
Go here,

Scroll down to VGA [Video Graphics Accelerator] & install it.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users