Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LoL. . .I think I just got ripped off

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

Alright, a while back my Dell Latitude c640 CD/DVD drive fell out and broke. I believe when I toke it out it was not locked in. So I decided to buy a new one 2 days ago online since I couldn't find one in my local stores. I bough mine for $59.00 form discountelectronics.com plus $17.00 for two day airmail. Then I found another site today. Surpluscomputers.com is selling it for $39.00. So yea I really think I got ripped off or maybe surpluscomputers.com is one of those fake scamming sites because it kinda sounds too good to be true. Don't think a 24x CD-RW/DVD drive could be that cheap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Cheaper, try looking at places like the Newegg and TigerDirect sites.

Free shipping is often available.

Louis

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

little too late lol, its already being mailed. . .I wish I checked with you guys before I bough it ><. O well. . .I'm stupid. I just wanted to make sure if i got ripped or not and it seems I did :thumbsup:

Edited by CalusBlade, 30 May 2009 - 08:46 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

You did not get "ripped."

You failed to check out various vendors who priced an item lower...that doesn't imply that the merchant took advantage of you, but that you were lax in your efforts to research prices, availability, shipping, etc.

It's something to learn from, not to moan about, IMO.

It's a basic consumer lesson that some of us never learn.

Louis

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:14 PM

You get what you pay for. Lower is not always better. Items that have a lower price may be used, or referbished. Some could be AS/IS with no warranty. Read the fine print, call the customer service BEFORE you order (make sure one exsist). I shop online for parts on a regular basis. I have certain retailers I trust and will allways check them first but I always research my purchases. If I can not find a retailer I have faith in I will pay the higher price and know what I am getting. When I explain why I didnt order a power board from e-bay for 40 dollars and chose to get one that was 90 they understand that if I ordered the 40 dollar one and it doesnt work then they will end up paying 130 for one that does.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 SteelSlasher

SteelSlasher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:02 AM

i felt like that when i bought an usb adapter for my sdhc card and then installed the SDHC hotfix for xp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users