Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running antispyware program through USB cable, using a clean computer to clean up a puter that is infected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 busyman66204

busyman66204

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:02 AM

A few years ago I had a computer Tech buddy. he cleaned up my computer which would not let me download updates from SPYBOT, or any other anti spyware programs.
He had an ordinary USB cable, and no , it did not have a road apple in the middle for data transfer.
He described it as an ordinary 6 dollar USB cable, and he hooked up my infected computer to his NOT infected computer and ran spybot through the cable and cleaned my computer up.

I tried the same thing.
Unlike when I plug my camera into my computer, and my computer automatically knows it is there, I can rub the two computers together while hooked up, and they still do not know the other is there.
How can I run an anti spyware program through the USB cable and clean one computer up with another computer?

Thank you, Todd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,864 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_Cable_Connection

Please read the entire article.

Louis