Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse clicking pixels away from cursor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 catherine.p

catherine.p

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hello, I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out. I use Photoshop CS4 and I've run into a problem that seems to only make itself prominent on the program. It seems that my mouse is clicking anywhere between 5 to God knows how many pixels away from where I want it to click. This makes it hard to use all of the tools that require clicking and dragging, such as the brushes, erasers, shapes, move tool, etc. In fact, the move tool will jump my image right out of the canvas if I do so much as drag three pixels downwards. Here's what working with the brush tools resembles:

Posted Image

My mouse is a Synaptics Touchpad v6.3 on a PS/2 Port. I tried updating the drivers a couple of hours ago, but to no avail. I've even tried plugging a different mouse in, but the problem was still there. I think the problem is a Photoshop-related incident, seeing as I haven't experienced trouble maneuvering the mouse anywhere else. Then again, I just noticed that, when I try to drag folder windows by the edges, I have to move my cursor a few pixels away as well. This is so frustrating! I opened up a program somewhat similar to Photoshop called Paint.net, and everything, seemingly, works just fine there. I really hope someone can help me out here; I'm absolutely losing my mind over this!

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: In case you need the info, I run Windows Vista Home Edition 32-bit on an Acer Extensa 5420 (a model notorious for blacking out at inopportune times) with an AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 processor.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hmm, that's very strange. What kind of video card do you have? Because there have been reported problems with certain video cards and CS4 concerning a cursor bug.

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:11 PM

Is the brush off-centered, as in the brush is 100x100 pixels, but the center of the brush is at 25, 25 instead of 50,50. Thats an example.

Check for new versions of your video card drivers.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 liiac

liiac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

Hi guys,
I have exactly the same problem with my CS4 on Snow Leopard. Nothings seems to help and it's starting to annoy me. The bug doesn't appear all the time. Some times it appears after 10-30 minutes of working with the same image. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users