Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installer Problem Internal Error 2718

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bugsy

Bugsy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

Hello, I'm running XP Home w/sp2. I was trying to reinstall Juno when I received an error code 1706, "No valid source could be found for product HpSdpAppCoreapp.msi. The windows installer can not continue". Source C:\Windows\Temp\hpware_PAV_NA_HOME_3.2.1\HpSdpApp\HpSdpAppCore.msi. My Temp file is empty. (I obviously deleted something I thought I didn't need, I was also obviously as wrong!) I did find this question on a post from about a year ago. Lawrence answered to download a file from www.resplendence.com/reglite, I did a search on the Hp....thing and it came up with: HKEY_Local_machine\software\classes\Installer\products\6Cb762a2f77f4dd428fsa7bef1864b1b\. The instructions were to delete this line, and reboot. I've done this, and at first I thought it was going to work, as the install went further than before. However, it wouldn't finish and came up with the error:
Internal error 2718
{2A267BC6--F77F-4dd4-824F-7AEB1F68B4B1} I was able to see this in several register lists. But I don't know what it means, or even what this "registry edit" stuff is all about. Any Idea how I get this problem resolved?
Thanks much!
Bugsy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:51 AM

MSDN Home > MSDN Library > Win32 and COM Development > Administration and Management > Setup > Windows Installer > Windows Installer Reference > Errors Reference

Platform SDK: Windows Installer
Windows Installer Error Messages

Windows Installer errors have an error code of 1000 or greater. The error codes numbered 1000 to 1999 are ship errors and must be authored into the Error table. The error codes numbered greater than 2000 are internal errors and do not have authored strings, but these can occur if the installation package has been incorrectly authored. For a list of reserved error codes, see Error table.

See Error Codes returned by the Windows Installer functions MsiExec.exe and InstMsi.exe.

Developers of installation packages can also test the internal consistency of their packages by using Internal Consistency Evaluators. For more information, see Internal Consistency Evaluators - ICEs.

1706 No valid source could be found for product [2].

2718 Missing package name for product code '[2]'.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....or_messages.asp

Edited by Enthusiast, 01 July 2005 - 07:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users