Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zedo, Zlob and Other Recurring Trojan Infections

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Fay09

Fay09

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hi there, hopefully someone can offer some helpful advice because I'm going crazy! :thumbsup:

My laptop is infected with something...possibly more than one something and whenever I use it, I get frequent popups, most frequently from Zedo but from a few others as well. I use Windows XP.

The pop-ups are annoying but one of the bigger issues is that while visiting a website (including well-known, trusted sites) the progress bar at the bottom of the screen (next to where it says "Done" when a page is finished loading) shows it loading and/or downloading content from websites I've never heard of (dormbuddies, a chinese sex site, some other hokey stuff). While it's loading the content, I'm unable to navigate away from the page and my system will sometimes freeze up until it is done downloading whatever it downloads.

I use AVG antivirus and after almost every session of downloading unauthorized content, AVG notifies me that a new Trojan has been identified (often Zlob but there have been some others whose names escape my memory at the moment).

I quarantine the virus and move on, only to have the whole process repeated.

Please let me know if you need any additional informatio from me.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users